Industries Served / Case Studies
LAUGHLIN works wherever their talent and experience takes them as long as the application is within our capability. Over the years our list of projects cover most everything from "Apples to Zippers" and everything in between.
Following is a sampling of different challenges met and completed that should serve to acquaint you with our project capabilities. We like to think we are only limited by our imagination. weather it is a single conveyor or a complete plant.
- A leading grocer chose LAUGHLIN to design and build their new lean manufacturing "Case Ready" meat plant. Initial production was so good that the new plant was ahead of plan year three.
- Toilet bowl manufacturing efficiency was greatly improved by combining two separate line operations into one and squeezing installation into one week of annual shutdown.
- High speed tortilla handling and distribution enabled a premier Mexican food manufacturer to boost burrito output to 800 units/minute.
- Eye care products received a significant sterility boost by designing and installing pulse UV units embedded within a conveyor system.
- A major twist-tie machinery manufacturer utilizes LAUGHLIN Conveyors to round out his equipment package.
- Individual dairy creamer output and efficiency was increased by installing a redesigned production line.
- Three semi-automatic hot melt pellet producing lines were combined into one fully automatic system increasing efficiency and reducing manpower.
- A redesigned fruit tray packing line helped our client meet his fast food customer's volume and deadline requirements.
- Super heavy duty equipment construction helped a major plate glass manufacturer effectively remove cullet with far less conveyor down time.
- A prominent golf ball manufacturer came to LAUGHLIN for (12) 25,000 ball capacity live storage units in order to bring balls to storage and meter balls out to each painting/labeling line.
- Breaded, frozen fish fillets run 24/7 on four fully automatic processing/bagging lines at a major fish processing plant.
- A growing winery needed another line in order to produce on a planned advertising schedule. Our short delivery team met the challenge.
- LAUGHLIN designed a series of conveyorized bunkers that would each hold 40,000 lbs of jalapeno peppers coming in from the field. On demand, stored peppers could be conveyed into production.